Saturday 27 February 2010

Aw the fun is to finishing


You may notice that no 'Finished in 2010' sidebar has sprung up next to the 'Finished in 2009' one. That is because I have not finished anything this year (apart from another Rose Red beret for my friend, which I failed to photograph before dispatching). I don't mind having a couple of meaty projects lingering on the needles for a while, but I have been craving the thrill of completion. It is was partly with this in mind that I started an embroidery project. As is obvious from the photo above, I still have much to learn about this craft (stars are hard!), but the results can be gratifyingly quick, and I am pleased to say I should soon be able to show you a finished object, finally.

Incidentally, the title of this post is a quotation from the Robert Burns song 'Brose and Butter', the Eddi Reader version of which is fine mixtape fodder. I have been thoroughly enjoying all your song suggestions: my itunes is joyfully swelling with them. You still have a couple of days to enter the competition - keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. I love how quick embroidery is. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails