Thursday 10 September 2009

Loophole

I am a couple of days into my stash pledge, and it's going really well, thanks. Haven't been to a yarn shop, haven't looked at yarn online, haven't even thought about it all that much, really. Smug.
Hang on a second... What is this?
Ah. It appears that I have found a way around my 'not buying yarn' vow by STARTING A WHOLE NEW CRAFT. Namely sashiko, a form of Japanese embroidery. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if my hobby might really be Buying Stuff, rather than knitting.

Look at this little turtle-metamorphosing-into-thread. Japanese images are so inscrutable.

Also, Snow White now has a cuff, pictured below sitting atop the ball like a jolly hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails