Sunday 19 July 2009

Puns Means Prizes!

When the new Summer Knitty came out, I immediately fell in love with Annette, a cute short-sleeved lacy cardigan. My ardour was magnified when I realised that the title was a pun! The stitch pattern is fish-net lace... Annette... a net!

As anyone who has met me can attest, I am something of a pun geek. When I commented on this particular piece of wordsmithery in a Ravelry discussion board, I wasn't expecting anything more than the customary groans that puns tend to elicit. Imagine my surprise, then, when the designer of the top replied not only congratulating me as the first person to spot the play on words, but also offering to send me the yarn to make an Annette of my own as a reward!


The designer is Helene Rush, and the yarn she sent me is Babyboo, a supersoft bamboo/nylon blend from her own yarn company, Knit One, Crochet Too. I was so very delighted to receive this yarn, not least because I have never encountered it in Britain.

My exciting squishy package arrived the day before I set off for Spain. The yarn is wondrously soft, and surprisingly resilient - I machine-washed my swatch to no ill effect; its glorious pink reminds me of a 1950s lipstick. It is also, coincidentally, the perfect thing to be knitting in the baking heat of the Spanish summer, and I have been happily dragging it round everywhere with me.

I would like to thank Helene once again for her generous gift, and for giving me the opportunity to try out her lovely yarn under such exciting circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails