Tuesday 26 May 2009

Joys of Spring


New camera! Just in time to capture these fractious adolescents...
... and this limping old-timer...
... all of whom co-exist with this monster of the deep.
A little further a-field, here are some cows grazing by the houseboats along Midsummer Common:
As for what is on my needles, I am working on several things, but am sulking about how some of them are going, so for the moment will only share this with you:
It's the Hey, Teach! cardigan from last summer's Knitty, using Rowan Summer Tweed in the Rush colourway. This should be quite a straightforward pattern, but I am knitting it in a rather contorted fashion, as you may be able to see. As smallest size was too big for me I had to re-jig the numbers a little bit, so I did a provisional cast-on and am working the bodice first (seamlessly up to the underarms). I am head-over-heels in love with this yarn, though - it's is a really interesting silk/cotton blend in a pale, neutral green with occasional flecks of copper, and it makes the lace look so crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails