Saturday 30 May 2009

Joys of Spring: Part II

Today I spotted a new brood of ducklings. The dark shadow under their mother is one of the monster catfish that prowl about the pond; just after I took this a swarm of them circled menacingly round these little three. From a duckling's perspective, a catfish must be like Moby Dick.

I also finally managed to get a shot of a baby moorhen. Sometimes I think I love these even more than ducklings. They are ridiculous little balls of black fluff with spindly, Roadrunner legs.


Look at him go!

Of course, for some people, Spring is all about celebrating Elvis's film career, and crocs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails